Around this time of year we get lots of calls from our customers asking about school and course booklists.
Many people want to order next year’s books right away, while school is still on their mind, so they can get first dibs at previously loved books, which saves money.
Some students want to get started on their studies as early as possible, so they like to have the books over the summer.
While sometimes we can get booklists from schools as early as June, generally speaking, many lists aren’t finalized or sent to us until early to mid-July.
- Toward the end of the school year, schools finalize what courses they are running, who is teaching them and what books they are using.
- We let the schools know if any of the books used over the previous years have any new editions.
- We send the schools our order forms with information. When the schools finalize the list, they send it back to us.
- We confirm with the schools that all the books they want are still readily available.
- At this point, we have to fill our website and databases with the information. This takes only a few days, after we receive the confirmed books for the upcoming school year.
- When you see the current year and the upcoming school year beside your school name, the books are ready for ordering!
If the list isn’t already available online, check your school website. We assure you that we do everything in our power to get the lists up as quickly as possible, so keep checking back. As soon as it is made available to us, we will put it up.
And don’t forget to sell back your used books early!
If you have not sold back your used textbooks at your assigned book sale, bring the books with you if you pick-up the order in person. If we are still taking back those textbooks, the credit you receive could take the punch out of your new order’s cost.
Thanks and have a great summer!